Monday, January 26, 2009

Post 3 - Final Report.

I actually found the Final Report quite comforting. Again, I could be way off base & just wishful thinking. I posted the pertinent information off the report. Read slowly - please tell me, what do you think? All caps came via me, the Final Report did not use caps; I just did it to point out information/comments I thought were relevant. :)

"The mammogram was interpreted with the assistance of computer-aided detection." (I found that interesting. Who knew?)

"Findings:

Blah, blah...routine views were obtained of each in addition to an ML view of the left, & magnification compression views of each. Images were acquired digitally & computer-aided detection utilized. Correlate with clinical examination.

Mild to moderate increase in breast density.

I could see NO mass lesions in the right or suspicious calcificatoins in either.

Regarding the left...blah, blah, blah...there was an asymmetric density....on additional magnification views, this has an appearance of being somewhat stellate & SUSPICIOUS for a SMALL SPICULATED MASS. Rolled views were obtained &, on one of the rolled views, this HAS MORE THE APPEARANCE OF JUST A COMPOSITE SHADOW OF TISSUE but was worrisome on the other rolled view.

HOWEVER, I COULD SEE NO ASSOCIATED WORRISOME DENSITY...blah, blah, blah...of the left nor magnification views."

End of report.

Appointment with surgeon tomorrow a.m. I just want it over with! Let me know one way or the other. Enough days containing my anxiety. :)

No comments: